I've decided to create a 30 Day Kindness Challenge and I'm inviting you to participate with me!
- We all need to feel loved and valued but sometimes it takes giving love to receive it. So this is a great opportunity to give love to others and feel the benefit of just... giving.
- It feels good.
- In our high-tech world, it has become apparent that we are slipping further and further away from our relationships with other humans. The challenge takes us away from the computer and cell phones, and puts us in play with others.
- If the response is anything like what I'm thinking, this could become a worldwide event! How awesome would it be to say you were a part of a Love Challenge that went WORLDWIDE!! I've already gotten commitments from FOUR other countries!!
- Love is contagious. Maybe it takes YOU to start the trend and it will take off from there...
But why now? Sure, it makes sense to start on the first day of the new month, but I got so excited from the response that one thing just led to another... and you know, bam, a challenge was created! I just felt the need to get started right away while the iron was hot.
So- the 30 Day Kindness Challenge will begin
June 15th through July 14th.
They say that a new habit can take hold by repeating the action for at least two weeks. BUT, it is 80% MORE likely to stick if it is practiced for thirty days! It is also proven that kindness isn't necessarily a trait that we are born with, but it IS an action that can be learned if taught and practiced. It's true, apparently, there are those out there in the world that don't know how to give or receive kindness. SO- I'm hoping to change the world for the next thirty days, and I'd like for you to come along!
I know that there are tons of excuses running through your head right now as to why you can't (or won't) participate... "I'm really busy right now." "I don't like to talk to people." "I don't have any money." I'd really like to impress on you that it's ONLY 30 days and that it won't take up too much of your time. You control how much time you devote to it!!
- It's COMPLETELY FREE to participate
- There's NO signing up (or sneaky marketing ploys)
- There's NO cost (unless you choose)
- It's be FUN!!! And I promise you, it WILL be rewarding.
All you have to do is commit to 30 days of simple acts of kindness and agree to share your results with the rest of us! Tell us what you did and what the reaction was (if you were able to see one!) If you are uncomfortable telling us the specifics (Matthew 6:1) then just share "I did an act of kindness today and the reaction was ______________" That way we can still share in your joy!
Invite others to participate! (Hebrews 10:24) Let it be contagious! I am anxious to see how many we can get to join with us and how far across the globe we can reach!
I'll be right there with you and I'll be encouraging you on this blog as well.
AND~ to keep you inspired and motivated, I've got some prizes to give away at the end of our 30 days!
So without further adieu, let's begin the 30 Day Kindness Challenge!!
If you want to join- leave a comment below this blog or follow me on Facebook and leave your commitment statement there! Let the world know (and me!) that you are stepping up to meet the 30 Day Kindness Challenge!!
Spread the word!! It's always more fun doing stuff with friends! And think of all the new things you could think of when you have someone else plotting with you!
Get Out There and Do Your Thing! Show some love! Spread a little kindness! Need some ideas to get you started? Check this blog (the one that got this whole thing started!) for a few ideas! Need more ideas? Follow me on Facebook and read the comments that others are leaving! This is one time I give you permission to steal ideas and put them to your use!! Lol!
Remember, it doesn't begin until June 15th so that gives you a few days to think of some ideas and maybe set back a few dollars if you're planning to do some monetary kindness. There are SO many opportunities to show kindness! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Share your progress with the rest of us! Follow me on Facebook and add your results along with others! Read what everyone else is doing and pass it along! Be sure to tell everyone that you're participating in the 30 Day Kindness Challenge and maybe they want to do it too!!
And let me be the first to offer these words of kindness. You are valued and loved and by participating in the 30 Day Kindness Challenge, you will be helping others feel loved too. Thank you so much for joining with me!!